I never dreamed I would have 6 children! Ironically, when asked " How many children do you want?" I would proudly say, "6!" It seemed like the only logical answer because my mother had 6 and her mother had 6. We all knew that someone had to follow this trend. Honestly, we thought it would be my older sister who had four children when I had two but she got the tubal ligation done. Still convinced it was going to be her I kept having children.
My husband (fiance at the time) and I felt strongly against using birth control since I miscarried while trying 2 different methods after the birth of my first son. After we decided we wanted just one more... a daughter, we opted for a more natural approach. Before we could find something that worked I got pregnant with my third child rather quickly... another daughter. So I began using Cycle Beads after the birth my third child.
I will quickly explain how the Cycle Beads work: they are basically a beaded "necklace" that show the days of your cycle. It is color coded: red for the first day of your period, brown for the days that you're less likely to conceive and white for the days you're more likely to conceive. There is a small ring that you move clockwise everyday. Whatever color the ring is on will tell you how fertile you. It is sort of like a calender. This is a great natural family planning method and works best when you have a normal cycle. Although my cycle was not totally normal (due to nursing) I have conceived 3 times when the beads showed me as ovulating!!
When I got pregnant with my fourth child... a son I was devasted! I could not believe that this was happening again! We did not have a lot of support from our families. they basically were sold that we were going to be poor for the rest of our lives! Then about a year and a half later we decided to leave our home state of Maryland and relocate to Houston. We came for a visit found a home and took it off the market. We "celebrated" and conceived our fifth child! People (myself included) really thought we were crazy! New home, new life, new baby girl... it just seemed right.
Well it is safe to say that Tony and I are very compatiable and we once again ignored the Cycle Beads and our youngest daughter was made.
So here we are today with 2 sons and 4 daughters and that makes 6!
No comments:
Post a Comment