After returning from my historical White House trip and reflecting on what I learned; here's what I came up with.
-- I am blessed and honored to be apart of this powerful movement lead by innovative women with a mission... Mocha Moms Inc.
-- the presence of greatness was felt throughout the whole vicinity-inside and outside... The Obama Administration
-- there are a lot of people working on our behalf...
On education... Professionalizing teaching so we can get paid what we deserve
On health care... Making it affordable and accessible
On environment... Taking back our streets from litter
On parenting... making breastfeeding the norm in our community
That's just a few of the topics presented.
As I toured The East Wing with about 300 other Mochas and their families, I felt such a rich history. Although everything was not directly African American History it was American history. There was a feeling of dedication to the greatness of being an American. I felt proud to be an American. I felt proud to be a Mother and proud to be a Mocha Mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment